|Primary Responsibility: Supervise and coordinate daily activities of warehouse operations by working with customer service and warehouse personnel, while insuring compliance to procedures and work rules. Balance work requirements in all areas of the warehouse, while meeting productivity goals. |
|Specific Duties: |
- Direct and assign work; set performance objectives and monitor performance of all warehouse team members.
- May assist in recruit, hire, train, appraise, and coach team members. Ensure retention standards are met.
- Ensure compliance with employment laws.
- Ensure compliance with all company policies, as well as all Federal, State and Local OSHA regulations.
- Manage WMS to achieve optimum efficiencies related to zoning and use of Red Prairie.
- Prepare operational schedules and coordinate activities.
- Provide a safe work environment through personal actions. Identify any safety concerns, as well as cost saving opportunities.
- Represent the Company to all warehouse customers and maintain positive relationships.
- Ensure that warehouse concerns are heard at manager level. Communicates stated Company goals, objectives and direction to warehouse staff.
- Ensure that care, custody and control procedures are in place. Monitor operational performance.
- Manage inventory thru cycle counts and resolution of inventory discrepancies.
- Promote open door policy and team environment.
- Perform activities of workers supervised.
- Other duties as requested.
|Preferred Education/Experience/Additional Skills: |
- Supervisory experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven success in identifying and implementing potential efficiency gains and increasing business unit profitability;
- Proven ability to develop and maintaining positive customer relations.
- Proven ability in effectively leading, coaching, mentoring and developing a team.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Knowledge of industry best practices within a distribution environment and working knowledge and understanding of refrigeration standards.
- Ability to maintain excellent relationships with partners/customers.
- Ability to identify the strengths of others, and coach/mentor them into a role that will capitalize on those strengths.
- Ability to identify inefficiencies and implement changes
- Highly developed self awareness with a continuous improvement philosophy
- Computer proficiency and familiarity with warehouse management systems
- Excellent organizational skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Advanced communication skills, both written and oral.