QUALITY ASSURANCE MANAGER
We have a unique opportunity to join our team as a QA Manager of one of our food processing plants. Our company is a privately held, family friendly culture with over 50 years of experience serving our customers. We provide high quality, packaged food to the retail, food service and contract packaging markets. Our retail brand has been consistently growing for over 2 decades and we are searching for a leader in Quality to help us continue to propel our company forward in the food industry.
If you are an experienced Quality Manager in the prepared/packaged food industry and are looking for an opportunity to make an impact, this may be the place for you!
This position is responsible for managing all components of the plant Quality Management System and for managing the hourly auditors and chemistry lab tech. The SOP Coordinator also reports to the Quality Manager; and the Quality Manager reports to the Corporate Director of Quality.
The 4 Basic Requirements:
* Must already possess Basic SPC Knowledge - we will provide education to gain advanced statistical skills.
* BS Meat Science or a BS in Food Science is highly preferred. We will consider a BS Chemistry or Microbiology or similar and an advanced degree is preferred.
* Understanding of how to develop the electronic components of a QMS (Quality Management Systems) & utilizing Databases important to QMS management.
* Must be able to bring the management team to consensus on QA decisions and improvements. Must be a mentor for the QA Techs understanding what drives each person and how to help them be successful.
* Selecting, training, and expanding the talent of Tech Support personnel and the Chemistry Lab tech(s).
* The Quality Manager is responsible for creating, revising, and improving all components of the plant QMS, while working with counterparts at the other facilities to create congruent methods and systems. Existing modules include, but are not limited to, MOP, SOP, CAPA, COQ, VOC, Export, SQF, Vendor Management, Retain, and Crisis Management.
* Building and utilizing an internal audit system to verify compliance to pre-requisite programs, MOPs, SOPs, process control measures, etc.
* Making product acceptability decisions and process decisions that affect the quality of products. He/she must create/maintain the measurement system used to control product quality characteristics, including the calibration and capability of in-process and finished product measurement systems. The manager is responsible for working with operations to develop and implement equipment, process, and packaging material qualifications.
* Partner with the Food Safety Manager to identify and implement internal control measures, audit needs, and training materials to prevent foreign material adulteration. The Manager is also responsible for working with raw material and ingredient suppliers to minimize foreign materials present in those items.
* Ensure necessary reports/dashboards are generated and issued for QMS functions. This person must be able to learn how to create SharePoint webpages, etc., and use the ERP applications to manage the Quality Management System.
* Responsible for management and testing of the traceability system & support the Regulatory programs as a HACCP team member. He/she will work with legal counsel when directed to resolve / prevent Regulatory issues and will participate in all crisis management situations.
Instructions/How To Apply/What to Do Next:
If you believe you are qualified and wish to apply, please click on the Apply button. You will be instructed to complete an online job interest submission. Upon completion, you will receive an automated email confirmation verifying your interest submission has been received. We will contact you shortly via email/phone if your qualifications meet the requirements of the position.
Thank you for applying!!