|Growing town, global company, strong career opportunity! |
The company is offering a strong base salary, excellent annual bonus, strong relocation assistance, retirement funding and more!
We are working with a client that is a $2.5 billion global provider of distinctive, high quality ingredients and solutions to the food, beverage and related industries. With their large-scale, efficient manufacturing plants, they use innovative technology to turn raw materials into distinctive, high quality ingredients for their customers. These ingredients add taste, texture, nutrition and increased functionality to products that millions of people around the world use or consume every day. They are making a major push to improve their operations and provide for best practices utilizing available and new tools, as well as an increased safety awareness. Excellent culture, benefits, stability, bonus potential and more.
You will develop and manage Quality Assurance programs and activities including all company, federal, HACCP and GMP. Integrate quality assurance and quality control into all functions and people. Take the lead on internal and external audits.
- Lead and manage Plant QA team
- Maintain Quality and Food Safety programs, ensuring compliance with national and international standards and legislation and ensure that all new regulations (i.e., FSMA) are quickly and accurately implemented in the plant.
- Manage HACCP assessments. Compose and edit HACCP plans and strategies for new products. Manage HACCP records and file maintenance
- Maintain plant document library for all Food Safety and Quality documents (i.e. product formulas, HACCP plans, plant food safety policies and SOPs).
- Participate and contribute to continuous improvement of departmental SOPs
- Establish internal manufacturing specifications, standards, protocols and procedures, as needed
- Develop and execute training programs that support the Company's objectives with regard to quality and food safety
- Apply administrative and record-keeping processes to support the food safety and quality programs listed above
- Ensure all plant labs comply with all Global and Plant safety policies
- Facilitate the investigation of all customer quality complaints, and process deviations related to food safety and OOS material.
- Facilitate and assist the plant and area managers on troubleshooting, problem resolution, and CAPA programs as required.
- Manage the plant's lab group fiscal year budget
- Review all plant project requests for capital expenditure to ensure that the project will adhere to all quality and food safety standards.
- Perform monthly review of all quality KPI's for each production area.
- Review all Management of Change requests for the plant related to product quality, safety and legality.
- Quality liaison with ICD and Pilot Plant on new product development trials in the Pilot Plant.
- Lead all customer and certifying body audits and implement corrective actions, as needed, to ensure compliance to all necessary requirements.
- Manage the plant's water monitoring and environmental
- Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in Food Science, Microbiology, food process, chemistry or comparable required
- 5+ years of related Quality Assurance experience in a food manufacturing environment
- Seeking 2 to 3 years' experience as a personnel manager
- Formal HACCP, Quality System training is strongly preferred.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or concerns from customers, regulatory agencies, and/or members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or customers.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Knowledge of computers and business software such as and Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and SAP is preferred.