Industry-leading food manufacturing operation with sales in the Billions is seeking an experienced Maintenance Manager for their well-established plant in Fort Worth. This position is open due to an internal promotion and is a rare opening with a stellar company. Previous maintenance management experience in the food & beverage industries is highly valued.
Summary of Position:
Lead the Technical Team and participate as a member of the plant leadership in the development of plant strategies to ensure safety, quality, efficiency, and people development initiatives are met.
- Direct and lead the efforts of technical resources toward the successful completion of projects at the facility.
- Oversee the determination of department priorities in response to work allocation to promote stronger overall plant performance and increase the mechanical reliability of the operation while reducing down time
- Lead the maintenance department on the development and implementation of P.M. programs, lubrication programs, safety programs effective maintenance practices and solving technical problems. Partner with operations in the coordination and planning of PM activities.
- Ensure the maintenance and operation of the equipment, systems and processes for the overall facility meet compliance standards of all external regulatory agencies to include PMO, OSHA, EPA, FDA and all other.
- Identify and implement projects to help improve plant operations, production efficiencies, maintenance, power plant operations and utility consumption.
- Partners closely with Corporate Engineering and Plant Resources to ensure full alignment on project implementation, as well as Utilities and Automation initiatives
- Champion environmental, safety and quality initiatives designed to reinforce the core values of the business through technical implementation and changes to processes and systems at the plant.
- Review equipment specifications, approve equipment proposals from suppliers and make recommendations for enhancements and investments to ensure future facility growth.
- Develop, coach and train 8 direct reports in the department to promote employee growth, skills development and career progression.
- Develop and implement in house training programs that build core competence within the maintenance department to promote accurate and timely evaluation and repair of mechanical, electrical, programming and refrigeration systems and processes.
- Accountable for the overall department performance (technical downtime and other KPIs).
- Manage overall department budgets and ensure adherence to established financial parameters. Prepare to update and communicate project costs as needed to sr. management.
- Education – Bachelor Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, or related). Six Sigma knowledge a plus
- Minimum 10 years engineering experience and leading technical teams
- Ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously, to establish and react to changing priorities
- Experience with budget and cost management
- Excellent Project Management experience
- Strong influential ability; ability to interact successfully with all levels of management.
- Strong problem solving skills; ability to make decisions with limited information and to handle uncertainty and change.
- Process-oriented; able to identify process improvements and implement change successfully.
- Experience of implementing continuous improvement processes (Lean, TPM, …) particularly for improving reliability of equipment
- Knowledge of inventory and preventative maintenance systems
- Demonstrated problem solving, leadership, and analytical skills
Please don't hesitate to apply, as this position will be filled quickly. Thank you!