Line Production Manager – Glass Manufacturing Plant – Central Valley California – World Class Manufacturing Company
Why Work Here?
This well-known company is stable, profitable and is growing. This innovative company has invested hundreds of millions of dollars in new equipment in this state-of-the-art manufacturing plant.
• High-energy entrepreneurial type environment with an atmosphere of teamwork. Fast-paced, high level of employee engagement.
• Ranks in Glassdoor’s top 50 U.S. workplaces
• Performance based culture where you will have support for your ideas.
• This company cares about its employees and has many programs developed to help its employees including: Work/Life Balance and Family friendly policies and convenient services like adoption reimbursement, cash and non-cash awards to recognize outstanding achievements, on-site dry cleaning, credit union membership, ATM’s on site, on site health center as well as discounts for things like warehouse memberships, fitness centers, paint stores, cellular service.
• Full benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance & Accidental Death Insurance, Supplemental Life Insurance, Long Term Care Insurance, Employee Assistance Programs, Wellness Programs, 401-K Match plan, Profit Sharing Plan, 3 weeks of PTO (Paid Time Off) in the first year of employment, 11 paid holidays, relocation assistance, etc.
• Employee retention is a hallmark of this company and they have virtually no turnover.
• If you like skiing, shopping or weekend adventures, this centrally located plant is within two hours of Lake Tahoe, Yosemite, Napa/Sonoma, San Francisco and the Pacific Ocean.
Your Role as a Line Production Manager:
The Line Production Manager will be part of a larger team and will be responsible for managing the entire line from the Hot End to the Cold End. The Line Manager will primarily work Monday – Friday but will manage all shifts on a 24X7 production line. Representative duties include:
• Develops, coaches and mentors subordinate staff and ensures their ongoing development; rewards employees or takes disciplinary action, as necessary; addresses complaints and resolves issues
• Ensures line teams are executing activities that promote a safe work environment and delivering goods and services with superior quality and quantity, on time, continuously and efficiently, at the lowest cost.
• Responsible for safety, quality, customer service, GMP/housekeeping, training and cost performance within assigned manufacturing line.
• Develops production forecasts and plans to achieve targeted objectives.
• Ensures that the scheduled quality production output is achieved. Monitor performance against budget. Report and explain exceptions. Develop actions to correct negative variances.
• Evaluates and approves work processes that could benefit from best practice benchmarking and leverages advanced manufacturing skills and talents to promote continuous improvement.
• Makes recommendations to senior management on long range labor strategies and capital equipment needs.
• Collaborates with human resources in grievance resolution and ensures strict and consistent application of current labor contract.
• BS degree in Engineering or Business Administration strongly preferred with at least 6 years production supervision/management experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility. MBA or Master’s degree in Engineering a plus.
• Will consider a minimum of 9 years of glass manufacturing experience in production supervision/management reflecting increasing levels of responsibility in lieu of a degree.
• Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma a plus